Honey, straw, and apricot jam with floral highlights on the nose transition to a brandy-like roundness on the palate with a finish of cotton candy and ripe red berries
- Limited, annual release blended Japanese whisky from Mars Shinshu in Nagano, Japan
- Iwai Tradition, from Mars Shinshu�۪s core range, finished in Sakura casks (Japanese cherry blossom tree) for an additional 6 months
- Distilled from 70% malted barley and 30% corn
- Iwai Tradition is non-age statement; aged primarily in ex-bourbon and ex-sherry casks (other cask types including ex-wine, port, & new oak may vary batch to batch)
- The Sakura casks are sourced from Ariake Sangyo Co., Japan�۪s only independent cooperage. As an interesting aside, these casks are more rectangular in shape than circular due to the character of the wood.